Date: June 2, 2021
Time: 2:30 - 5:00pm (CEST)
Registration link: https://bit.ly/3y0W6w7
High-performance computing (HPC) has been a key enabling technology for subsurface exploration. We will outline major developments both in HPC and Geophysics and the role of the ENERXICO project in fostering new findings.
The webinar will be divided in three parts: first, a section with three speakers presenting state-of-the-art results on this topic (20’ presentation plus 10’ open questions). Later there will be a roundtable discussion about the importance and developments in HPC and Geophysics. Finally, we will carry out a fun quiz for all attendees.
4:00 - 4:50 Roundtable discussion
- Jose Maria Cela, Computer Applications in Science and Engineering (CASE) Director at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Ursula Iturraran, Professor-Researcher at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Romain Brossier, Associate Professor at Université Grenoble Alpes
- Taoufik Ait-Ettajer, Subsurface Manager and Technology Projects E&P at Repsol
- Moderator: Josep de la Puente, Geosciences Applications Group Manager at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center
4:50 - 5:00 Final quiz
*Your registration will be confirmed with an email containing the link to the webinar.