Date: July 13, 2021
Time: 3:00 - 5:30pm (CEST)
Registration link: https://bit.ly/3j4wp8N
The present webinar has been organized by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center and CMT Motores Térmicos within the frame of the ENERXICO project, a collaborative effort between Europe and Mexico aiming to develop advanced simulation software in the context of Exascale High-Performance Computing (HPC) and data intensive algorithms for different energy sources. In particular, this webinar is linked to the activities of ENERXICO about the development of computational methods for the study of high pressure spray flames of sustainable fuels, and aims to open a discussion about the challenges and opportunities about the modelling of these systems and the perspectives of these renewable fuels for mobility applications.
3:30 - 4:00 Direct Numerical Simulation (DNS) and High-Fidelity Large-Eddy Simulation (LES) for Improved Prediction of In-Cylinder Flow and Combustion Processes. Muhsin Ameen, Research Scientist from the Center for Transportation Research at Argonne National Laboratories
4:30 - 5:30 Roundtable discussion
- José M. Garcia-Oliver, Professor at CMT-Motores Térmicos, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Muhsin Ameen, Research Scientist from the Center for Transportation Research at Argonne National Laboratories
- Kar Mun Pang, Research Engineer at MAN Energy Solutions
- Gilles Hardy, Senior Thermodynamic Engineer at FPt Motorenforschung
- Federico Millo, Professor at Politecnico di Torino
*Your registration will be confirmed with an email containing the link to the webinar.